Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The home page will always display the most recent blog post so please use the tabs to navigate your way around. Keep up to date by visiting the 'News' area. The 'Short Stories' area and the ‘Flash Fiction’ area contain everything produced thus far, and comments would be much appreciated! There are 'Book Reviews' for you to peruse as part of my project to diversify my reading list, in which I'd encourage you to leave your own recommendations, with authors welcome to suggest their own works! There's also my 'Blog' (in the truer sense). Thanks for visiting!

Monday 4 April 2016

Blog - 04/04/16

Hello!

If you've been keeping up to date with my site you'll know that my 'winning streak' (ie making at least the Highly Commended shortlist) in Morgen's Free Monthly Micro Fiction competition has come to an end. As one of the early adopters of the new competition I've obviously been up against a relatively small field that is gradually increasing with the popularity of the contest, which is good to see.

You may also have noticed I've started a thing where I post previous micro fictions as a postcard type image on various social media which include an image reflecting the story. Looking at the stats and click rates I find it a tad infuriating that people find reading a hundred words via a link or 'read more' button too much of a commitment, whereas they'll quite happily read and share hundreds of those racist joke posts that are at least five times as long! Haha. I figured it might be because they're posted as images, so I thought I'd hijack the format for my own means!

Therefore I introduced the new 'Artists' page on the site. I don't mind drawing a little sketch now and again (my first book attempt has illustrated chapters), but figure it a great opportunity to get some involvement from others. As well as exposing your talents to a new audience it'll help me out in reducing my workload, haha. Details are on the page, but basically if you can draw better than or equal to the pictures below you're in with a shout... Shouldn't be too difficult!







Here's the thing! There's prizes!

Morgen Bailey, who runs the aforementioned free Micro competition, also runs online writing courses! She's kindly given me some coupons for free entry to her 'Entering Writing Competitions' course (normally £12 barring other promotions), which I'll be awarding the first ten people to contribute! From then I'll be able to award favourites of the month or similar! For more information on the course, and the others she offers, use the link below.

A while ago I finished the first draft of my first bigger project, codenamed NF:LITL. It's a novella I started way back in 2009. (But you knew that because you follow me on various forms of Social Media, right? ;p)



I'm currently working on the first draft of the first book of my Mega Fantasy Series. I still don't actually know if what I'm working on is the first book or the first part of the first book...

So in summary... I'll keep up with the Micros, hope you are encouraged to contribute a sketch or two, and continue to work on bigger projects.

Until next time, buh-bye!

__________

Morgen Bailey's Writing Blog  - http://bit.ly/1mNopl8

Morgen Bailey's Online Writing Courses - http://bit.ly/1MAhfOw

Morgen Bailey's Free Monthly Micro Fiction Competition - http://bit.ly/1Lu958r

Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/PaulJIsaac

"Like" my page on Facebook - http://on.fb.me/HKJOXk

Follow me on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/paul106i/

No comments: