Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The home page will always display the most recent blog post so please use the tabs to navigate your way around. Keep up to date by visiting the 'News' area. The 'Short Stories' area and the ‘Flash Fiction’ area contain everything produced thus far, and comments would be much appreciated! There are 'Book Reviews' for you to peruse as part of my project to diversify my reading list, in which I'd encourage you to leave your own recommendations, with authors welcome to suggest their own works! There's also my 'Blog' (in the truer sense). Thanks for visiting!

Sunday 15 September 2013

Blog - 15/09/13

Hey! Still slogging it out with my short story entry this month. I’ve finished another couple of drafts and am on course to finish another later today or tomorrow. As I said last month, it forked out into two different directions and when I finish the latest draft it’ll become crunch time, sitting down to decide which one is the best and then spending the last week or so polishing it. They have the same second half and I’m happy with it to an extent but I’m worried by the front of each version. They’ve turned out so disjointed and sort of ‘this happens... and then that... and then this’ that I’m worried I’ve not left enough time to bring either one up to standard and therefore the entry is going to come out back-loaded. This needn’t have happened if the word limit was a little higher, but I’ll talk more about that next month.

To say music is one of my inspirations in writing would be a colossal understatement. One new album from one of my favourite bands this month and the ideas centre in my brain exploded. From it I’ve developed two entire stories/series, plugged the gaping hole in another and got an idea for my main fantasy series that could work as an independent story if it doesn’t fit. The latter then set the ball rolling and I now have another main plot in the main fantasy series sorted, something I’ve been struggling with for a long time! All this from about 25 plays and I can definitely feel a few more ideas lurking in the background waiting to be dragged through. I’ve said before that I consider myself a story teller before a writer and music is just another medium. I’m sure there are a few of us frustrated musicians who count ourselves amongst the ranks of the writer, and it wouldn’t surprise me to hear it worked the other way round as well!

Of course, the US Open stalled my progress somewhat but not so much as usual. Vamos Rafa! Sail on Serena! Who can forget that iconic photograph taken of Usain Bolt at the World Athletics Championships either? And Christine Ohurougu’s dramatic win? Arsenal have delivered as well, Mesut Ozil! I’m delighted! Haha, had to squeeze some sport in there somewhere! Until next time, buh-bye!

__________

Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/PaulJIsaac

"Like" my page on Facebook -
http://on.fb.me/HKJOXk

Follow me on Tumblr. –
http://paul106i.tumblr.com/

No comments: