Welcome

Welcome to my blog. The home page will always display the most recent blog post so please use the tabs to navigate your way around. Keep up to date by visiting the 'News' area. The 'Short Stories' area and the ‘Flash Fiction’ area contain everything produced thus far, and comments would be much appreciated! There are 'Book Reviews' for you to peruse as part of my project to diversify my reading list, in which I'd encourage you to leave your own recommendations, with authors welcome to suggest their own works! There's also my 'Blog' (in the truer sense). Thanks for visiting!

Thursday 1 March 2012

Blog - 01/03/12


This month I made the decision to shelve the sky-pirates for the time being. With the story it’s taken from undergoing heavy development; character origins, personalities and traits are changing about all over the place as well as the current scenario and world history – it’s like trying to build a house on shifting sands, so I’ll come back to it when things are a bit more settled.

I’ve instead been working on another incomplete short story from the three words section – the winning words being DELOREAN, HAMMERSMITH and DRIVE. I’d only just started this one before I took up a different project so I’ve had a lot to do but I’m aiming to have the first draft finished in the next few days. It’ll probably be a while before anybody gets to read it however.

I’m thinking about possibly releasing the other short piece I finished at some point this month if I can get the second draft of the aforementioned story finished in time. It’s not very long and not my best work but at least it’ll be something new to read. I’m then planning on going back and working on my first book (code named WTR) for a couple of months but I’ll make a new ‘three words’ post about a week before the end and have a go at writing the resulting piece in one go without a resting period to see how it turns out.

In terms of reading I’m now fully caught up with ‘Song of Ice and Fire’, finishing ‘A Dance with Dragons’ early in the month. I’ve run out of superlatives for this series and it was with a heavy heart that I put that final book down. I read somewhere that the next is due to come out at some point this year though and in the meantime I might try and get hold of his ‘Hedge Knight’ series because at the moment I’m on a George R R Martin high. I’ve gone back to resume Roland’s quest in Stephen King’s ‘Dark Tower’ series but I’m still pining for Westeros.

Coincidently it’s World Book Day today so I’m going to encourage anyone who hasn’t already to go out and read ‘A Game of Thrones’ to join the rest of us in this epic of a fantasy series and who knows? Maybe in the next few years I’ll get the opportunity to push you in the direction of a book I’ve written myself… Buh-bye!

No comments: